Sunday, July 8, 2007

Learning Log

Hi Catherine,
Our class during the summer of 2007 was a brief introduction in to the world of Blogging. There is so much information to be learned, explored, and shared and my only regret was the limited class time and not enough hours of the day to devote to this subject. I am so impressed by the talents of my course mates and how each of them have been able to create an extraordinary Blog linking valuable research and information. I look forward to visiting each Blog for daily updates and thoroughly enjoy reading my course mate's comments. Most of my time was devoted to visiting every one's Blog, intrigued by the information which they presented, rather than devoted to my own project. I was impressed and fascinated by the amount of work, detail, and incorporation of technology that went in to every Blog.
The personal connection that many course mates shared was evident by their comments of utmost support, kindness, caring, and friendships for one another. Personalities and individual interests were evident and I enjoyed getting to know everyone. I enjoyed visiting each Blog site viewing shared interest and over lapping themes, in addition to the exploration of topics including information on diamonds, wedding planning, and children's imagination which added a non medical dimension.
Many of us were personally touched by Chris and how she dealt with her husband's diagnosis. Chris is an amazing women and I am so inspired by her strength and directed energy which she used to educate others in the prevention and treatment of melanoma. Although the course was short, I feel that the Blogging exercise brought people closer together and I am grateful for the experience.
Catherine, it must be rewarding to witness tremendous student interest, productivity, and growth in the field of technology. Thank you for continually adding new sites for us to explore, develop, and to incorporate in to our Blogs. I hope to continue and share my blogging experiences beyond the summer of 2007. Thank you again for inviting me in to the world of Blogging.

7 comments:

Chris said...

MaryAnne, you are too kind. You are also a true human being and I am grateful to have met you. I truly have enjoyed meeting you and I hope we get the chance to share another class together. I am not sure I could have ever done what I have if it were under different circumstances. I have pushed myself beyond what I thought possible, and I think with few exceptions I held together just fine. I too have learned so much from this class, and I do rush to see who added what to their BLOG, and who may have commented. I wish I added ClustrMap sooner as I really like to see where my BLOG has been going. Even if people are not commenting, which suprisingly some are, at least they are reading my message and maybe I am making a difference.

mcdj74 said...

MaryAnne,
I think you are what we call "salt of the earth"!!

Chris said...

I agree with Jen, "salt of the Earth" fits you perfectly! Thanks Jen for coming to the rescue with the correct description!

Catherine said...

Thank you Mary Anne - this is such a fun and educational focus for both technology and research. What is even better though it the person to person connection that you so eloquently describe. WOnderful that we can all support Chris!

The Girl Next Door said...

It was nice to meet you. I had a great time in class.

Mary Lou said...

Your enthusiasm for life and personal journies touches the heart. Personal encounters, where ever they occur, deepen the meaning of life to all of the caregivers in the world. The profession is fortunate to have you as a knowledgeable, caring and articulate individual. Good luck in all that you do.

Chris said...

Where have you been all week? I miss hearing from you! I'm sure you're working on your next great post! Don't keep us waiting too long. Happy friday! :)